This Week's Writing Piece Is: A Persuasive Text!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

To Blame, Or Not To Blame?

“Our cat has made some horrendous problems in our life,” a family in Berwick confide, “But should we blame it for it’s terrible actions, or could someone or something hold the blame?” It is very unusual, but as they dig deeper into the mystery, they might be able to find an answer… Mum, Lisa Jones tells the story. 
“The most horrible catastrophe our cat has caused was to set our house on fire. Unlucky for us, it was quarter to 2 in the morning, which meant we had to get up, (when we were half asleep) and call the fire brigade as quick as possible. Then we collected as much major belongings as possible, and in result of that, the t.v fell on my arm, so I received many gashes, but I had to move on. I gathered all my children together, (they are Brody, who was 12, Amelia, who was 9 and Josh who was 6) and we escaped our burning house.  Just as we broke free, the fire brigade arrived and took us to safety, and I also managed to get my gashes patched up. That was the last time we saw our house, and our cat. 
In the mean time, we had no choice but to live with my parents. 7 months later, we were blessed with a new house, when Josh, who was now 7, spotted our evil cat. I was lost for words knowing that it had survived 7 months on it’s own, and also that it found us again. I didn't know what to do next, but luckily Amelia suggested that I should ring the vet. It would have been a great idea, if I had a phone. Both my mobile and home phone got burnt in the fire, and we don’t have enough money to be able to afford new ones. In the end, I decided to just deal with our cat for as long as we could, and keep an eye out for any crucial clues.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment